Clothes are very essential to a lot of women, but the problem is that, most of us cannot afford to buy clothes for every occasion. Some people have busy lifestyles that require them to buy clothes for every occasion.Today we are going to explore the three options that one can opt for so that, look fabulous on a shoe string budget.
1. The swap party
A swap party is when friends gather and swap clothes that they no longer wear.Everyone has that one thing that they do not wear and yet their friend maybe having an eye on .At a swap party you can exchange clothes,handbags and even accessories.Giving away something that you do not use anymore will mean that you will get something new to wear to the next party,lunch date or dinner date.They are however some certain aspects one has to consider when picking out items for a swap party
• Do not take rags ,you want to leave the party happy and so does the next person
• Take something that you like but you do not wear the next person can wear and use
2.Go vintage and be a vintage vixen.
Thrift stores are relatively cheap as one can get clothes ranging from a $1 to $10.With thrift stores, you can find a very unique item that is either new or that has been worn before. If the clothing item is too big you have an option of taking it to the tailor for alterationsand youare guaranteed that you will be the only girl in that stunning outfit.
• Do not buy an item that has too many stains,it will end up costing more as you will have to take it to a dry cleaner.
• Try and get outfits that are your size so that you can cut the expense of involving a tailor
• When going to a thrift shop be patient as they may be a lot of stuff to go through
3. Engage a tailor
They are occasions where one wants to be the centre of attention.In this particular instance you can draw a sketch or cut out a couple of pictures from a magazine.Thereafter you can then go to the tailor and ask for advice on which material is best for that particular design.This option is cheap as you only have to purchase the material then pay the tailor his or her services
• Go with a tailor you are familiar with,you would not want to use someone who will not only mess your design but waste your material.
• Make sure that tailor took the correct measurements, if you want say a long dress wear a shoe with a heel so that they have the correct length that you want
• If you have never used the tailor’s services, insist on looking at that previous work so that you can decide whether you want to use them or not