The Intwasa Fashion Show is back this year and it will be held at the AMTEC Garage in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and will feature 10 Designers, with 3 special collections being showcased on Saturday, 26 September 2015 at 6:30pm. The second edition of the fashion show will see 3 designers being selected by the Edgars Stores Team for next year’s attachment in the industrial setup of the clothing industry. From last year’s Intwasa Fashion Show, 6 Zimbabwean designers benefited from being attached with Edgars Stores, improving their works and preparing them for the commercial clothing industry. The event is a partnership of Intwasa Arts Festival, Hunnar Management Agency, Edgars Stores, SheerGlow Hair & Beauty, Amtec Motors, Bulawayo Polytechnic & Azzura.me.
This year, the Intwasa Fashion Show will feature, South African Based award winning designer, Thembani Mubochwa, Clothing Indaba Award Winner – Noe Es, Melusi Nhengu, Mosi Designs, Andre, Von Designs, Rutendo Maguze, 3 South African Based Designers under the Azzura Collection – House of Hohwa, Mma Hogany Clothing and Leandri Willemse. As a way of promoting upcoming designers, the Bulawayo Polytechnic will present a collection of 24 looks featuring a group of 6 young designers from the Art School.
Also, The Heralds by Ara Kani will present a 10 look collection under the mentorship of Nkululeko Ncube of Ara Kani. The Heralds are 2 young designers who have been groomed by Nkululeko Ncube. These 2 special collections will be showcased as part of acknowledging upcoming young designers, giving them a platform to be exposed. The last special collection will feature 6 of the designers that went through the Edgars Young Designers Development Programme from last year’s Intwasa Fashion Show. This joint collection will be presented by Zanele Dube, Noliwe Mhlophe, Sidumiso Tshuma, Penelope Lacha, Nkanyeziyethu Malunga and Nkululeko Ncube. The black and white collection will be presented as the Edgars Attachés Collection.
Meet the Designers:
• Vodacom Durban July 2015, award winning – Thembani Mubochwa is a Zimbabwean fashion brand that offers classic, unique and trendy clothing with a refinement in the cut and outstanding workmanship.
He has showcased at previous Zimbabwe Fashion Week.
• Urban Cultured Melusi Nhengu, who debuted his label at the Zimbabwe Fashion Week 2012 & went on to dressing Socialites such as Pokello Nare & Mbo Mahocs, amongst many.Melusi has dressed contestants at Miss Zimbabwe and other national pageants.
• Bulawayo Based, Andre, a fashion label by Andre Chadyiwa that looks at giving its clients real love through fashion.Inspired by fashion from Paris, the label caters for both local and international fashion lovers.
• Victoria Falls based Mosi Designs by Louisa Conrad. The label is inspired by the Chitenge Material and was established in 2010. Mosi will be showcasing a contemporary collection with Chitenge highlights.
• Johannesburg Based, House of Hohwa by Kuda Matiza. Hohwa has showcased at major fashion events in Johannesburg & Cape Town under the Azzura Collective.
The label speaks volumes of Culture in the Modern today.
• Chinhoyi University Graduate, Nompumelelo Samabgwa will be showcasing her Dark & Bold collection under her label Noe Es. The Award Winning label has showcased at Clothing Indaba, Harare International Festival of the Arts and Zimbabwe Fashion Week, amongst many fashion platforms.
• South African Based, Mma Hogany Clothing, a label under the Azzura Collective will be showcasing their female, Afro-Chic collection.
Mma Hogany has managed to display their works at platforms such as Mercedes Benz Africa Fashion International, through dressing some outstanding personalities.
• Rutendo Maguze is a Pharmacy Student at the University of Zimbabwe and has a strong passion for fashion. Rutendo has showcased at the Zimbabwe Fashion Week under their Young Designers Programme and Competition in 2014. She will be showcasing an all-female range at the Intwasa Fashion Show 2015.
• Leandri Willemse, a South African based label will also be showcasing their feminine collection under Azzura Collective.
• VonDesigns, a label by Brenda Vongai who has displayed her works at public platforms such as the National Gallery of Zimbabwe, will be showcasing her Avant Garde collection.