The name Salt and Light came from the book of Mathew in chapter 5:13-16, which says “You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
We believe that God has given us this gift of dance to glorify His name and spread his word to those who need it. To bring back that Christ taste to a world that is tasteless and to be the light in the darkness for everyone to see.
Salt and Light Chronicles is designed to express the art of dance through praise and worship of our Lord Jesus Christ. The art of dance expresses the feeling and emotions of GOD in which His Holy Spirit flows through the very being as we dance.
- To live out and promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ through all actions.
- Develop ministerial dancers that will minister to others through dance.
- Perform Teach, Guide and Train dancers to minister with a purpose.
- To be the biggest Hip Hop dance crew and opening up doors never seen in the entertainment industry.
- To make dancing a secure career in Africa and abroad.
- Produce skilled and talented choreographers.
- Our desire is introduce a standard of dance that, by the grace of GOD, will be internationally recognized and locally known.
“Changing the world one shake at a Time”.
- Create and Spiritual and Anointed Dancers.
- Deliver perfection.
- Spread the gospel.
- Focus on GOD’s Vision
- To foster an environment where dancers can express their creativity.
- To be locally respected.
- Maintain an intentional standard.
Pillar of Salt
- Dedication to minister
- Faith in our Works
Values of Salt
Meet the Crew
MEET TICH. His full name is Tichaona badi chikara, also known to most as hero. he is a hardworking, inspirational, crazy individual, who seeks to excel in everything he does. he is 21 years old. as the current crew leader and founder OF THE CREW, his aim is to see the CREW achieve greatness. the love that he has for god has been the sole drive, motivation and inspiration in him. he started dance in the yeAR 2010, INSPIRED BY THE CREW KNOWN AS ROLX. HE IS AN UPCOMING HIP HOP DANCE CHOREOGRAPHER DETERMINED TO BE LOCALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN. HIS A VERSATILE DANCER WHO CAN ADAPT QUICKLY AND ADOPT ANY MOVEMENT PRESENTED TO HIM. TYPES OF DANCE THAT HE SPECIALIZES IN IS B-BOY, POP AND LOCK, AND RHYTHMIC. TICH HERO BELIEVES THAT LIFE WILL NOT BE RIGHT WITH ANYONE. UNTIL ITS RIGHT WITH GOD, MAKE THE RELATIONSHIP RIGHT AND ALL OTHERS WILL FALL INTO PLACE.
Meet Terrence. His full name is Terrence Takudzwa Kapesa. he is a joyful individual, who seeks to make people laugh with his evident and crazy sense of humor. he is 21 years old born in January making him the oldest in the crew. his been dancing since 2009, inspired by the well known international artist usher. he believes that GOD HAS GIVEN HIM AN AMAZING GIFT AND HE WANTS TO USE IT TO INSPIRE OTHER YOUNG PEOPLE, MOTIVATING THEM TO ALSO USE THEIR GOD GIVEN TALENTS TO GLORIFY GOD. TERRENCE IS A VERSATILE DANCER, CAPABLE OF DOING A VARIETY OF DANCES. HE IS A WEDDING COACH. HE SPECIALIZES IN POPPING, LOCK AND KEY, HOUSING, BBOY AND JAZZ FUNK. HIS PERSONALITY IS THAT WHICH PREFERS TO DRAW ENERGY FROM THE OUTER SIDE. LIKE THE TREND GOES HIS SOULED OUT FOR CHRIST AND READY TO SERVE HIM WITH HIS GIFT.
MEET TK…..FULL NAME TAKUDZWA MADAKA, ALSO KNOWN AS KRUMPKID TK. HE IS ALSO KNOWN FOR HIS CALCULATED AND SPONTANEOUS DANCE MOVES. HIS A ALL SAVED ALL SERIOUS INDIVIDUAL. TK IS 21 YEARS OLD AND HAS THE MOST EXPERIENCE IN TERMS OF DANCE IN THE CREW. HE WAS INSPIRED TO DANCE BY MICHEAL JACKSON AND CHRIS BROWN. HE HAS ALSO INSPIRED BY THE POWER OF GOD WHICH EVOKES RHYTHM WITHIN A PERSON TO ENABLE THE BODY TO CO-ORDINATE WITH MUSICAL ELEMENTS. FOR TK, DANCE IS A LIFESTYLE AND MINISTRY KEY. HE IS A VERSATILE DANCER, WHOSE MAIN DANCE STYLE IS KRUMP AND RHYTHM (R’N’B).
MEET ASHLEY, FULL NAME ASHELY MHONDERA. ASHELY IS A BUNDLE OF JOY AND THIS SPELLS OUT IN HER DANCING. SHE HAS A CERTAIN RHYTHM ASSOCIATED WITH HER DANCE MOVES, THAT IS UNIQUE AND HAS EARNED HER ACCOLADES AS AN INDIVIDUAL AT VARIOUS EVENTS. SHE 17 YEARS OF AGE, STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL DOING UPPER 6 AT FOUNDATION HIGH SCHOOL. A FRIEND INSPIRED HER TO DANCE; HER MOTIVATION THAT SHE GOT FROM MOTIVATED HER TO LEARN HOW TO DANCE. SHE SPECIALIZES IN POPPING, LOCKING AND NEW SCHOOL. HER VERSATILITY HELPS HER INCORPORATE VARIOUS STYLES OF DANCE INTO HER CHOREOGRAPHY.
MEET T.J, FULL NAME JAYSON MURINGANI, ASLO KNOWN TO MOST AS LIL TK OR T.J. HE IS FULL OF ENERGY WHICH BRINGS ANYTHING HE TOUCHES TO LIFE. THIS ABILITY HELPS HIM ALSO IN HIS DANCE MOVES, CREATING NEW FORMS OF DANCES AND CHOREGRAPHY SETTIMG HIM APART FROM MOST. HE IS 17 YEARS OLD, STILL AT HIGH DOING LOWER 6 BY HAMILITON HIGH SCHOOL. HE WAS INSPIRED TO DANCE BY OMARIAN AND USHER, THI MOTIVITED HIM TO START DANCING AT THE AGE OF 13. HE SPECIALIZES IN POPPING, LOCK AND ANIMATION.
MEET NATE, FULL NAME IS TAKUNDA NATHAN MUKASA, ALSO KNOWN AS NATE. NATE IS A NERD WHEN IT COMES TO TECHNOLOGY, HIS LOVING FOR LEARNING MORE AND MORE SPELLS OUT ON TO HIS DANCE. NATE IS 18 YEARS OLD AND STILL AT HIGH SCHOOL. HE IS CURRENTLY DOING UPPER 6 AT FOUNDERS HIGH SCHOOL. IN GRADE 4, NATE WATCHED A MICHEAL JACKSON CONCERT AND INSTANTLY FELL IN LOVE WITH DANCE. HE SPECIALIZES IN WAVING, POPPING AND TUTTING. HIS EXTREME LOVE OR YOU CAN OBSESSION FOR DIFFERENT GENRES OF MUSIC CONTRIBUTES TO HIS INSPIRATION. THIS ALSO MOTIVATED HIM TO BE A MUSIC DJ. CHANEL LING THE TALENT GOD HAS GIVEN HIM, HE USES IT AS A TOOL TO WORK IN HIM TO FURTHER BRING HIM CLOSER TO THE KINGDOM.
- Wedding Choreography
- DANCE COACHING
- DANCE CHOREOGRAPHY
- MUSIC MIXING
- VIDEO RECORDING/EDITING
- Theatre PRODUCTIONS
LEADER: TICHAONA HERO cHIKARA
HEAD CHOREOGRAPHER: TERRENCE KAPESA
PUBLIC RELATIONS: TAKUDWA TK MADAKA
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- BOP THE SHOW, DANCE SHOWCASE SPONSORED BY ALLIANCE FRANCAISE IN BULAWAYO (2010)
- 2ND POSITION AT EXTREME BELIEVERS DANCE COMPETITION HELD BY WORD OF LIFE CHURCH, BULAWAYO (2012)
- RANKED IN THE TOP 10 BEST DANCE CREWS IN ZIMBABWE (2012)
- SELECTED AMONGST 15 CREWS TO COMPETE IN A NATIONAL DANCE COMPETITION KNOWN AS “ZIMBABWE’S FINEST DANCE CREW”, HELD IN HARARE (2012)
- 2ND POSITION IN A REGIONAL DANCE COMPETITION KNOWN AS “BULAWAYO’S FINEST DANCE CREW” HELD IN BULAWAYO (2012)
- ASKED TO BE MAIN PERFORMANCE FOR THE c.b.C LEAVERS DANCE (2012)
- RANKED IN THE TOP 10 BEST DANCE CREW IN ZIMBABWE (2013)
- SELECTED AMONGST 10 CREWS IN ZIMBABWE TO COMPETE IN A NATIONAL DANCE COMPETITION KNOWN AS “UNDISPUTED DANCE BATTLES” (2013)
- 2ND POSITION AT EXTREME BELIEVERS DANCE COMPETITION HELD BY WORD OF LIFE CHURCH,BULAWAYO (2013)
- ASKED TO BE MAIN PERFORMANCE AT DOMINICAN CONVENT LEAVERS DANCE, BULAWAYO (2013)
- RECOGNIZED AND PROMOTED BY LOCAL MEDIAS LIKE CHRONICLE NEWS PAPER, SOUTHERN EYE NEWS PAPER AND ZBC
- PARTNERSHIP WITH ALLIANCE FRANCAISE
- APPROACHED BY ZBC TO PERFORM ON “GOOD MORNING ZIMBABWE” AND “Ygt” (2014)
- HAVE DONE COLLABORATIONS WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS SUCH AS FAMILY VOICES, T1NDA , 116 UNASHAMED RAPPERS (u.s.A)
+263 773 305 185 (TICHAONA CHIKARA)
+263 782 800 166 (TAKUDWA MADAKA)
+263 776 717 810 (TERRENCE KAPESA)
Salt and Light Chronicles Dance Crew on Facebook