A few weeks ago we hosted hip hop artiste Indigo Saint on our weekly #CulxureZw Twitter-views, we felt we had omitted some questions and we later hooked up with the award winning rapper at the National Art Gallery In Bulawayo and had a 30 seconds chat which he answered some of our burning questions.
Follow : @CulxureMagZim
1. Describe Indigo Saint in 1 word.
2. If you were stuck in the Namib dessert name 3 things you would take?
Water, a carton of cigarettes, and a brick of matches.
3. Marvel or D.C comics. State why.
D.C. comics because the themes are a lot darker and they feel a lot realer and deeper.
4. Name your top 5 Bulawayo rappers (you excluded)
Gama, Jay Dumza, Asaph, KamzThxPxpe, Kingsley.
5. Our open letter to the new minister of the Arts goes like…..
“Our music is our art. Genres only separate and group people. But art brings them together and determines a culture.”
Bonus : If Zim Hip hop was a jungle you’d be which animal and why
I’d be a black mamba because either way you look at it, I’d still spit right?
Pictures By : @ThisIsCharleson