We bumped into his works when he released the song Nothing without You in 2018, we fell in love with his voice and we have been on the look out for his debut album, which he released in October this year.
The gospel singer and songwriter has been studying music theory since the age of five and at the age 15 received the Antonia Jervis Cup award from the Zimbabwe Academy of Music for his outstanding work in music arrangements.
Mokoena has performed at the World Music Festival, annual Zimbabwe School of Mines gospel concert, Zimbabwe prisons day celebrations and was a semi-finalist in Skyz Metro’s ithando challenge.
Here are 5 more interesting things you should know about Blessing Mokoena.
1. Blessing released his Debut Album, entitled The Real Deal on October 25 2019. The Album was recorded in 4 Studios, Alto Max(Pretoria) Merch Sound(Pretoria) JP Records(Bulawayo) Stones Studio (Bulawayo) and Produced in 6 Countries Most of the Production by Godwin Owulo(Nigeria) and work from Mayhar Nafisi(Netherlands), Sébastien Grottileb (Germany) Micheal T Janaka(Indonesia), and Iva Rii(USA) Just Percy (Zimbabwe).
2. The lead song “Misunderstood” was his First song to top the chart in Europe, with the song peaking at number 1 on Gospel Weekly and number 1 on Contemporary Christian Music Weekly on Compleet FM (Netherlands), “Self Love” peaking at number 3 on Christian Dance Radio and “Thank You God For Her” peaking at number 2 on the Conservative Christian Music Charts.
The Video for Misunderstood is also on Rotation on TBN in Africa (DSTV Channel 343)His Music has aired in 23 Countries to Date.
3. In 2017 Blessing competed on Skyz Metro’s iThando challenge a singing competition on Bulawayo’s first commercial Radio station in and he finished 3rd overall.
4. Blessing Mokoena is a Data Scientist, Software Developer and certified Digital Marketing & Social Media Marketing specialist. And Currently a 3rd Year BSc Informatics (Hons) Student at NUST.
5. He is a Brand Ambassador for, Lay Low Apparel, Poppy Apparel, Sand Cloud, Serengetee, Sara Watches, Luxtudio and Inc.ocy Designs and is also a part-time Model.
Listen to “The Real Deal” 👇👇👇